Thursday, September 3, 2015

What inspires an artist?  For Donna Cawley, her art comes from her love of up-cycling..."saving the planet one can at a time. My aluminum work expanded from a pair of earrings I made for myself to a wide collection of earrings, flowers, candle holders, wreaths and so much more. I have since expanded my upcycling, adding lots of other mediums including light bulbs, dishes, poker chips, rocks, shells, books, sheet music, and so much more. I tend to come up with ideas out of a desire to have something different, sharing my visions with others and enjoying the reactions when people find out what my creations were before I got to them."  ~Donna Cawley

 I really appreciate Donna's work as I too, am an up-cycler artist (you'll see some of my work later).  

further definition of  'up-cycler ' from Wikipedia-"Upcycling, also known as creative reuse, is the process of transforming by-products, waste materials, useless and/or unwanted products into new materials or products of better quality or for better environmental value."

Now throw an artist into that process and you have Up-cycler Art!

You can see more of Donna's work on her facebook page at DLC Creations and here is the link   https://www.facebook.com/DLCCreations.  AND of course track her down at the Bizarre Bazaar 2015.  
DT



No comments:

Post a Comment